Saturday, May 3, 2008

Not really a Post

This is not really a post as I was in Taichung last night and all morning as our younger son had an exam there. So no swimming. However, I did learn something from the friend I stayed with. Basically, I need to eat more if I am to benefit from all the meters of swimming I am putting in. I found that I could go out to swim early in the morning and often not eat anything until quite late in the morning and often skimp on meals. I don't seem to constantly think of food and always have plenty of other things to do to keep me busy. However, the swimming often makes me tired later in the day and I don't tend to get very much work done. I don't want to start spending huge amounts of money on special kinds of food, but at least I will make an effort to eat more of the cheap kinds of food so I can benefit more from the training.
I plan to swim tomorrow (Sunday) morning, and then in the evening (Taiwan time) I will turn into the live radio coverage of the St. Croix 1/2 Ironman. I hope they say "Bree! Bree! Bree!"

No comments: