Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Fairly Normal and Uneventful Day

A little tired when I woke up, and when I pushed the bike out of the front door, I saw the front tire was flat. So I raised the seat on my son's bike and arrived at the pool on that. By the time I was in the water, I had about 1 hr 15 mins left. I was able to cover 3,100 meters. Not much rest in between sets, and mostly just boring, steady swimming. I still had a cold, but at least it was not as bad as a couple of days ago. No hand paddles today, mainly to save the time getting out of the water to get them. Since swimming is easier for me with them on, I at least had to work a little harder without them.
Other than that, I spent time doing my work, resting a little, and helping our younger son with some of his schoolwork (home schooled). If this can be a "normal" day, at least I will log some distance swimming over a period of time.
As I get over my cold, I will try to add a little spice to my swim workouts. There are not a lot of things here to get the adrenalin flowing. I'll just have to set myself a time for a distance that I might think I have a chance of beating and then go for it.
I hope I can get a slightly earlier start at the pool tomorrow morning. Getting to bed a little earlier will be helpful here.

No comments: